To ensure that your C.O.M. orders are processed and produced properly, please review the following important information carefully.
Vogel by Chervin reserves the right to evaluate all C.O.M. received. Acceptance of C.O.M. fabric is at the discretion of our cutting department and management. C.O.M. fabrics deemed less than ideal and/or unsuitable for upholstery may be refused and/or additional charges may be incurred. You will be contacted in advance of cutting should either of these situations occur.
Guidelines to follow with C.O.M.
- All C.O.M. needs to be clearly marked with your company name (in addition to your consumer’s tag name if desired), the corresponding purchase order number, quantity, and style number it is being sent for.
- Whenever possible, your original purchase orders forwarded in advance of your C.O.M. should note the supplier of the material (e.g. JF Fabrics, Robert Allen, etc.), as well as the specific pattern name/number and colour name/number.
- Please do not send original purchase orders with your C.O.M.; these should be sent via email, phone, or fax directly to our head office, in advance of forwarding your C.O.M. If you wish to enclose a copy of your purchase order with your C.O.M., please ensure that it is clearly marked “confirmation only” so as to avoid possible duplication.
- Please clearly indicate, directly on your C.O.M. and/or formal purchase order, the direction of the material (e.g. railroaded or not), and any special instructions we should be aware of prior to cutting your C.O.M. Many fabrics are questionable with regard to the correct side to be used; please indicate correct facing side of your C.O.M.
- All C.O.M. is to be sent to our factory prepaid. Unused/excess C.O.M. will be returned with orders only when requested on/with your original purchase orders.
A special handling fee will be applied to all C.O.M. orders. We have divided the products into three groupings for this, based on design and manufacturing time. Please refer to your price book for special handling fees.